Friday, January 7, 2011

Bethany has the F-Factor


SINGER Bethany Dimmock is counting on the people of Brighouse to assist her win the Forget Me Not Factor.

The Brighouse High School student is set to showcase her ability and support a worthwhile cause when she appears in the final of the talent contest on January 15 being organized by West Yorkshire Forget-Me-Not Trust.

Bethany will perform ‘Make you feel my love’ by Adele in front of a panel of judges who will give feedback on every performance. But it will then be the audience at the Batley Variety Club who decides the largely winner.

Bethany said she didn’t know how she was going to do in the rivalry. I know one of the other acts but I am not confident who else has got through or what the competition is like, she said. I love singing and it would mean a lot to win it. I just hope I can amuse them and if they like me they should vote for me.

The 16-year-old will compete against 11 other people who were all selected following the auditions which were held in Huddersfield, Halifax and Dewsbury.

Bethany said: My audition at North Bridge Leisure Centre went OK. I was shaking. I was actually scared but my family went with me and they will be supporting me at the closing too.

The comments I got seemed to be excellent ones. The vocal coach, Sarah, kept me behind and went through the song with me which was ‘One’ by U2. I then sung it again and they said I was extraordinary which is nice.

The youngster found out about the contest because she used to work at the trust’s charity shop in Commercial Street, Brighouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment