Monday, June 14, 2010

Naomi Watts: I Want A Thicker Skin


Naomi Watts says she is tremendously shy and wishes she had a thicker skin.

The actress struggled to create it in Hollywood until she landed a role in Mulholland Drive when she was 31. She admits she took criticism too personally when she went to auditions and began to feel like she had lost her individuality.

Naomi says her timid nature makes it not easy to cope in unfamiliar situations or talk to new people.

Everyone said I was an overnight victory, but it was ten years foremost up to that. I didn’t have a thick skin, I was so aware, she said in an interview for the July issue of Marie Claire magazine. There are people who can saunter into a room and just be themselves. I desire I was that person but it’s not me. I’m very timid. I’m awful at parties. I went to a club the other night and felt so awkward and ungroovy. Everybody else just looks so cool. It’s just how I’ve always been.

Naomi believes her shyness is down to the fact that her family moved approximately when she was growing up. She grows up in Britain, but her family then relocated to Australia when she was 14. She has also spent a substantial amount of time in Los Angeles. The 41-year-old presently lives in New York with Liev Schreiber and their two kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment